- Ethiopia - Christmas in Lalibela
- Kumbh Mela pilgrimage
- Tibetan Buddhism
- Hinduism in India and Nepal
- Kumari cult - living goddesses
- Purim in Jerusalem
- Church of Holy Sepulchre
- Theravada Buddhism in Myanmar
- Orthodox Easter in Georgia
- Shamanism and Buddhism in Mongolia
- Pentecostal churches in DR Congo
- Hinduism in Bali
- Azerbaijan - Land of tolerance
- Toraja funeral rites
- sufism in Bosnia
- Holy Week in Zamora
- Mother Goddess cult
- Vegetarian Festival in Phuket
- yahrzeit in Poland
- Theravada Buddhism in Thailand and Laos
- Easter in Sicily
- sufism in Kosovo and Macedonia
- Grabarka pilgrimage
- Ashura mourning
- Zen Buddhism in Vietnam
- The Catholic Church in Central Europe
- The Romanian Orthodox Church
- Czech soldiers in foreign missions
- Prague for travel magazines
- Village of the Year
- Czech Army - Taliban ambush
- air pollution in Kathmandu
- national parks in India and Nepal
- trekking in Mt. Everest region
- women of Maramures
- building Afghan army and police
- dog fight in Kabul
- China ethnic minorities
- christianity in D.R. Congo
- veterans of WWII
I had a bad luck during my second day in Brno where I shoot functionalist architecture for The New York Times. My old and brave Canon 5D was damaged and I had to travel hundreds km to Prague and back to Brno. My friend borrowed me a new camera and I left my damaged camera in a repair shop. Good news - repair will cost only 75 USD - I expected ten times more.
Visit the newest photo essay about child labour I have shot in Bangladesh in March and April.
Again I have shot portraits of the Czech biologist prof. Jaroslaf Flegr. I have got the assignment from HAARETZ - Israel's oldest daily newspaper.
I have worked in India and Bangladesh from February 29 till April 9, 2012. I have covered the festival of Holi in villages of Nandgaon and Barsana near Mathura (about 140km from Delhi). I spent a few days in Delhi to arrange Bangladeshi visa then I have travelled by train to Kolkata where I tried to cure conjunctivitis. Finally I have moved by train to Dhaka where I have worked on a story about child labour - I would like to thank to Ahsan in Unicef, Mohaimen and Jadu in Aparajeyo, Amal and Mahbub in DSK and numerous local photographers including Fahim and Biju who helped me with my project
I have signed a contract with Getty Images Global Assignment and my portfolios are available online now on their web page.
Two portraits of the Czech biologist prof Jaroslav Flegr were published in March issue of prestigious The Atlantic magazine, USA.
My photos will be distributed by New York based photo agency Polaris Images.
I have just finished an assignment for The Atlantic magazine - probably the most generous editorial client I ever had. I´m not suprised they had contributors as Mark Twain, Jack London, Ernest Hemingway or Vladimír Nabokov
The New York Times used my portrait of the former Czech president Vaclav Havel.
You can see the photos I have shot in Kabul, Logar and Wardak with Afghan army and police during October 2011